Chemonics seeks a Communication Manager. Chemonics International Inc. is a US-based international development consulting firm operating in over 80 countries, starting up the USAID-funded Frontier Health Markets Engage project in Nigeria. The USAID FHM Engage project is a global cooperative agreement, comprised of a suite of multiple activities, which works to increase private health sector contributions to advance voluntary family planning and other health outcomes, including maternal, newborn and child health, malaria, TB, and HIV/AIDS in lower and middle income countries. This will be achieved through strategies and approaches to address key market constraints and barriers that inhibit the functioning of local markets in mixed health systems. Key results anticipated from FHM Engage include an improved market environment for greater private sector participation in the delivery of health products and services and improved equitable access to and uptake of quality consumer-driven health products and services. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
The FHM Engage Communications Manager for the Nigeria activity will be based in Abuja and will work closely with Chief of Party Nigeria and the Senior Communications Specialist for FHM Engage globally, to support FHM Engage external communication and outreach goals. A strong writer with sound judgment, and the ability to think creatively, solve problems, and support strategic communications activities, the manager creates high-quality content for FHM Engage external outlets and plays an active role in promoting our global communications objectives.
The Communications Manager will assist in collecting information from all participating provinces (including capturing stories, conducting interviews, taking photographs, recording videos, sound bites or podcasts, or developing graphics, images/infographics) to develop an array of communications materials. The Communications Manager will also support the technical team to maintain deliverable deadlines, produce high-quality drafts of publications and project deliverables for review, compile inputs to develop quarterly/annual reports, while ensuring all materials adhere to USAID and FHM Engage Branding and Marking guidelines (including style guide and templates).
- Supports FHM Engage communication and outreach initiatives and planning in Nigeria to increase visibility and understanding of FHM Engage objectives, approaches, and successes
- Identifies, researches, collects project information and/or analyzes data and from technical and M&E teams, to draft useful story-driven content about complex technical topics and other engaging content (included but not limited to news stories, blogs, press releases, brochures, one pages, fact sheets, impact/success stories, photo essays, briefs) for target audiences on FHM Engage external outlets, including the project website and social media, or for external publication
- Takes photographs, captures sound bites or video clips, and create graphics, shareables, and/or infographics as necessary to accompany project publications and social media posts
- Interviews a variety of stakeholders for the purpose of creating content for external audiences
- Ensures all project deliverables and external facing documents are of high quality, submitted on time, and in compliance with FHM Engage branding and marking requirements, and are consistent with achieving the overall component goals and objectives
- Compiles and consolidates information from technical leads to assist project director in writing and producing high quality technical reports that highlight relevant success stories for proliferation to relevant partners, stakeholders, and client
- Produces PowerPoint presentations for management and technical team when requested for specific meetings, events, trainings, and workshops
- As necessary, provides end-to-end communications support for FHM Engage Nigeria’s participation in events, conferences, and other forums, from strategic planning to internal and external outreach before, during, and after the event
- Facilitates internal communications, maintains internal program communications files, and provides communications training to individuals working with FHM Engage in Nigeria as necessary
- Manages consultants, vendors, and subcontractors to ensure successful and timely implementation of communications plans
- Responds to requests from the Senior Communications Specialist FHM Engage Leadership team and/or the Senior Communications Specialist
- Bachelor’s degree required, master’s degree in English, communications, marketing, international development, journalism, public relations, or related field preferred
- A minimum of five (5) years of professional experience in communications and outreach, including experience in managing the design and implementation of communications plans or programs. Work content must have involved strategic communications, events communications, graphics design and publications development, and/or communication campaign management
- Thorough knowledge of USAID funding and its contractual and reporting requirements required; experience managing USAID-funded health programs strongly preferred
- Solid understanding of health systems strongly preferred
- Proven ability to multitask with strong attention to detail
- Excellent management, organization, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Demonstrated ability to work under deadline pressure and manage production schedules
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong knowledge of MS Office applications such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, and SharePoint are required; familiarity with web management tools and video editing and photo manipulation tools is desirable; and a strong working knowledge of popular social media outlets (eg, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Flickr, Instagram, YouTube) is a plus
- Fluent written and oral English is required. English writing sample and/or test may be requested from top candidates
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
How to apply
Please send an email with your CV and cover letter attached and “Operations and Finance Manager” in the subject line to [email protected] by October 17, 2022. No telephone inquiries, please. Chemonics will contact finalists. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/
Comments are closed.